Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 2008 Work - McDonalds and Cher



Our association started doing an Annual Meeting again and this year it was in March at Hamburger University in Oak Brook, IL. This is the McDonald’s offices and training center (and also a Hyatt and conference rooms). Actually a very nice property, but it’s very odd to be surrounded by the Golden Arches and to have your coffee breaks at self-serve drink stations like in the restaurants. Here are some pictures - a display on the history, a sign that says "Hamburger University," and a display with all the old uniforms.

Also in March, I had to moderate a conference for other AAP Chapter Executive Directors – about 50 of us come. It’s a great group of people and so much fun, particularly since we are all doing the same thing (basically) but we are spread out pretty much one per state – so it’s a blast to get together. Last year as an ice-breaker we had a dinner and “talent show” – no I didn’t sing or anything. But this year I had a really good idea for an “act” – I took head shots of nearly all the other Executive Directors (they are posted on the AAP Web site) and used this Web site, http://www.myheritage.com/celebrity-face-recognition, to upload them and find their celebrity “matches.” I had the idea to do this and then one of my staff, Jana, told me about this site, which made it much easier. Then I did this long (and complicated) PowerPoint that showed the pictures and unveiled their matches one by one. Very fun and hopefully it wasn’t too embarrassing for everybody. A few matches were really good, but most were just silly – the Web site is pretty bad. I uploaded two pictures of myself - a good one matched Harrison Ford and Oded Fehr (of the Mummy movies, below), mainly because of my goatee .... and then a really bad photo of mine matched Cher's photo, below.




No comments: