Saturday, December 02, 2006

.. Then My High School Reunion

My 20th Groves reunion was 11/25/06 at the Westin in Southfield. It was surreal, and I think others would use that word as well. Probably 150 (out of just over 300?) students came back. At one point I'd be talking to old friends and it would feel as natural as it was walking the halls of Groves, and then I'd stop and look around and think about all that had happened in 20 years and how distant that part of my life is now.

Groves High School

Berkshire Middle School


I could write for hours about it but I'll spare everyone. I was so happy to see my friend Katy ... Katy, and Patty, connected with me over the summer and I realized how much I missed them and how sad it is that none of us kept in touch. Both of them seem to be doing great. It was also fun to see Danny (and to be sci-fi geeks again - he is professionally, teaching kids sci-fi literature, and I am pathetically, just watching sci-fi TV) and Chris. Interestingly, the Evergreen Elementary kids gravitated to each other, and it was fun to reminisce with Phil H, Alec R, Quinn S, Emily B, John M, etc. I missed Lainie L and Lily C, and a few others I was closer to in high school.

No comments: